Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Creator & Creation - Part Two

The Gift of Growth

Lately I haven’t been able to stop thinking about Creation and thus the reason for having chosen this topic in forum. I obsessive over Creation because it makes both my mind and my imagination run wild. What a breathtaking event! The creation of the cosmos! I can’t even begin to imagine the perfection and beauty that surrounded and engulfed this magnificent occasion. Therefore it hurts to look upon His Creation and see the contrast between what I’ve read and imagined, and what I actually see before me, and that is, the reality of what His Creation has become. But even in this chaotic existence the Creator is giving His Creation a great gift and that is the ability to grow/learn. It is through this gift that the Creator is able to teach, and in so doing, bring His Creation back into the knowledge/understanding that they possessed before the fall, in other words, to know the Creator as He intended. The reason for this is that in the fall the Creator didn’t change but the Creation perception of their Creator did and now the Creator must grow that understanding about who He is back into His creation, the ultimate revelation being Jesus Christ.

All this is said in order to understand why I’m surprised when people let me down or when I let them down. The great gift of growth can only be measured, at least the way I understand it, by looking back at the last year and questioning where or not I’m still making the same mistakes I made earlier this year. Therefore as I continue to grow I start to live differently. The work of Christ in continually growing His people creates within me not an ignorance that I still live in a chaotic Creation but a hope that I can in someway help create in the world today that which I see when I close my eyes and imagine the time after the resurrection of the entire Cosmos. I’m aware that I may at times come very close to crossing the boundary line between Christianity and Humanism but I simply cannot sit here and say that I expect people to let me down or that I am not surprised when they do. If the Creator has given His Creation the ability to grow and learn, and in turn, become more like Him, then I am surprised when people let me down. I’m not ignorant I just refuse to hide behind the copout that teaches us that until the resurrection of the entire Cosmos we are bound to let others down and we should expect the same, especially when the Creator has given us the ability to grow.

TimothyTiger

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant tiger.

All the posts are fantastic, especially your last two. I saw them on the salvos forum and followed the link.

I was on the edge of my seat as I read part 3 of your journey, and was truly moved by the self-examination inspired by the Bite in part 2.

Keep writing, you have much to offer.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home